PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LOA Cut Again
Thread: LOA Cut Again
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2012, 08:57
Ivan Rogov

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is shocking about this isn't the fact that LOA reduced again but some of the extremely narrow minded replies. Very selfish and insular views in my opinion, if they are still in the forces then they certainly don't come across as part of the team and I would hope these are the sort of people T2 targets, unfortunately it won’t be and we will lose good people .

Scuttled I sympathise with you, some people have the idea that all overseas tours are holidays, perhaps in the past, but in today’s harsh financial climate there can't be many cushtie ones left. If the RAF has a requirement to send someone on an overseas posting they should not be disadvantaged, I recently had the opportunity to apply for an overseas tour but decided not to for professional, personal and financial reasons, if there isn't enough carrot people won't go. Saying it was much worse in your day or to man up are long out dated and debunked ways of man management. Like any other job, without good terms of service many high calibre individuals will leave lowering the overall quality of the work force.

Last edited by Ivan Rogov; 4th Mar 2012 at 10:03. Reason: spoolin