PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hornets And AMRAAM
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2002, 14:02
smartman

Gnadenburg ------

You're really just teasing aren't you!

If (like the thinking but silenced men in DoD/DSTO - and surprisingly there are more than you may think- who bothered to understand Typhoon's swing-role capabilites) you were to study that aircraft's spec, then you too will warm to Jackonicko's comments regarding EF v JSF. And to let you off the Pom-bashing hook, the jet has a European pedigree - so go on, treat yourself to a closer look. It's a pity that many Australians were prevented from so doing. Whatever happened to a 'fair go'? (Not a whinge - just an observation).

'Has to be a mix ----- ' ?? In that case, presumably you are at odds with Mr Howard's single JSF solution? But then I guess your PM (and Angus) were seduced by the offer of a good F15E deal when the Ardvark (sp?) finally falls apart which, despite DSTO's valiant efforts, is likely to be far earlier than expected. Wonder when they'll spring that on the Oz taxpayer?

I hear you're pleased with the Hawk though (and please don't have a rant about lousy support etc etc) ------

Now to a more important issue. I take it you're not a rugby union fan ??