PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will it go back to the old times?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2012, 16:43
frontlefthamster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why only make some profit with a small number when you can make a bigger profit with a bigger number?
Perhaps that's the next step... But, one way in which P2F may end is if those attracted cease to be attracted, because they see that there really is no hope of a decent job, let alone career. I think that this may be how it will end, if the economic situation continues to be unfavourable to growth.

One thing that is not helping this to come to pass is that all the wannabes who have become willneverbes (and hopelessly, terminally, broke) soon lose interest in dialogue (and anything that is even close to aviation) and retreat from debate...

A pool of experienced co-pilots is a healthy source of commanders, of course, and this is another reason not to fill every RHS with a P2F idiot (sorry for the terms I'm using - if they are offending anyone - but I don't want to stop using them, because they reflect how I and others feel, very strongly).

People will only pay to fly if they can be deceived into thinking there will be a job at the end of it; there needs to be a big pool of co-pilots to satisfy this aim.

Bealzebub, I'm not sure how far you can see from your perch, but perhaps you do know that new starters with airlines now arrive at their airlines with fewer than 150 hours logged (this is happening routinely on aircraft up to 757/A320 family types). MPL trainees never even go solo on the way to their ATPLs.

There has never been a more exciting time to be a base trainer!

Last edited by frontlefthamster; 3rd Mar 2012 at 17:10.