PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet Airways B777 recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2012, 15:11
fullforward

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
YES

I confirm: a number of pilots received their salaries with more than 15 days delay, for one reason or another. What makes 'driver' a liar. To prove my point I would have to expose third parties, which I obviously won't do here. But this is totally irrelevant.
For the third consecutive month the company is delaying salaries, it can happen. The bad thing is they simply didn't bother to give notice to the pilots until the last minute. Which shows at least a level of disregard for their workforce.
Like captjins well said, it's an "adventure" ( by the way, whish you good luck on your Skymark interview)
But not everybody is a rich old fart living on a good pension that it doesn't make a difference if salary comes 15, 30 or more days late. Some guys simply need the money on time to pay the bills.

I won't reply to types like 'driver' anymore: he looks to have the typical agenda of despicable management boot lickers. Son is ATR capt? Well maybe he owes some favors: the boy is underqualified/incompetent to have a job in homeland and got a position with Jet, who knows?

The botom line is Jet used to have one of the best contracts in the market. Then they discovered a cheap source: some fat cats, living on good retirement pensions, fed up of the golf course or of being bashed by wife and grand sons. Then they happily swallow anything that would strap them again on a flight deck, to enjoy more few years, back to flying. Those guys spoilt the market. They hardly deserve respect as they are moved by greed or because family don't want them around. Of course there are the ones who badly needs the job.
We've seen a lot of moaning and bitching here about conditions degrading, everywhere. Who are the culprits? The pilots, of course! We've been selling ourselves like cheap w....s
And we are still far away from the botom.

Last edited by fullforward; 3rd Mar 2012 at 15:33.