PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Albanese does nothing on Sydney Airports
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2012, 13:17
TIMA9X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Australia's traditional conga line of dud Transport Ministers continues

One of the key issues at the moment is that Minister Albanese has distorted the application of the cap. Legislation clearly indicates scheduled movements not actual movements, that is, Airport Coordination Australia (ACA) allocates no more than 80 planned movements in any 60 minute period (checked at 15 minute intervals). This has been changed by Minister Albanese to actual movements (vs scheduled movements) and the airport has introduced measures to count aircraft and at times, hold aircraft at the holding point, that is, not permit an aircraft to get airborne if the 80 figure would be exceeded.
says it all.

oker89 said, The lack of political will in this country is disgusting.
and

Perhaps the reporter should have asked Quote:
"You have been the Member for Grayndler for 16 years and the Minister for Infrastructure and Transport for 4 years, surely, there is a conflict of interest whereby you continue to place the interests of your local constituency ahead of the National interest."
Well said, Albanese is the Federal Minister for Infrastructure and Transport who in my view, has really done nothing positive nor constructive since holding office. Australia's traditional long conga line of dud Transport Ministers continues to haunt our industry..

I think this video sums up the the talentless politicians we have to endure.. it's all me, me me stuff.....(for those who haven't seen it)