PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates going with DEC
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2012, 12:14
fliion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I somewhat agree with above post except this, and its relevant :

We all knew coming here...fair play is not ingrained in the culture...it's 'objective'/'target' driven.

We also know that in the long run the former will get you better results than the latter. But that takes years of precedence, education & foresight. Western managers have it local über bosses don't . Not their fault, they just haven't being doing 'it' long enough. It being 'the civilized world'...i.e living in tents 40 years ago when Concorde was been flown across the Atlantic...so to my point.

The EK experience is an exercise in body blows...e.g altercation with other driver, mgt, neighbor, training dept etc...some guys have more than others through happenstance others through their own decision making...each blow is a step closer to the exit.

The Reintroduction of DECs is one of those blows that will leave a bruise that will ultimately lead to new skippers in the future leaving for big contact money is Asia

Obviously no one can predict the numerics but I believe the unknown consequence of this decision by the company will ultimately cost them in the long run.. I'm a skipper so I'm past it ..but it's still a kick in the balls (and yes I have DEC mates) because of some of the excellent FOs I have flown with who actually meet the DEC req's but not the FCI's

So to the guys in the RHS...let Karma take care of this one ...It never fails...stay professional & unemotional (as 95% of you always do) get your Type, make that mental note of how you are valued...and act accordingly in the future.

Respectfully,

f

Last edited by fliion; 3rd Mar 2012 at 12:24.