PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Almost died in the Gulf of Mexico yesterday..
Old 3rd Mar 2012, 10:48
Savoia

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Take my hat off to this guy ..
Well I'm afriad I don't and I fear that the OP may have more in common with his username than he, or even we, would have wished.

The matter being broached (complete with slurs and prejudicial insinuations towards the pilot on the part of the OP) is somewhat imperative in nature but is diminshed by his aspersions as well as his rhetoric - both of which give the impression that he is more intent on communicating his 'belief' of the events than discovering the factors surrounding an encounter of this sort and in understanding the actions which might normally be taken in response.

Most of all, someone genuinely concerned with safety would raise this with the operator and not leave it to an internet forum which, after all, is an extremely informal way of addressing what is (as mentioned) a weighty matter.

Had he been someone with courage (or decency) he would have spoken in open and frank terms with the pilot after the event stating his concern and noting the pilot's response. The lack of any quotations from the driver by the OP makes it highly unlikely that the OP had such a conversation.

If the OP didn't have the gumption to speak with either the pilot or the operator then, given that these are anonymous forums, it wouldn't exceed the realm of possibility for the OP to have communicated a message to the pilot notifying him that he had started a discussion on PPRuNe and inviting the driver to respond to the details herein.

And this leads to my greatest conern of all; that what we are hearing is only one side of the story.

Not impressed.