PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Active Indian Pilots: What was your flight plan?
Old 3rd Mar 2012, 09:47
Mike_Kilo_Sierra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back after lull period. But with some good news. After hitting and missing in Meteorology, Regulations and Specific, I've managed to clear them some months ago. It just takes a dedicated effort, it really isn't that difficult.

Now there's Navigation which I've given the second time. Last time I got stuck with 66%. But learnt a lot about the kind of questions asked. Have given it again this time and am awaiting the results. Will also attempt Technical and the infamous RT exam this time around.

On the financial side of things, I've managed to save enough money to complete my flight training without having to go to mom and dad or to the dreaded banks. So I don't have to be in my current job. Which let's face it has provided me with the means to pursue the flying ambitions but has also taken up all my time, greatly slowing down the progress of my ground subjects. But not having a loan on my head pretty much outweighs all the cons.

Not decided yet, if I'll quit and go full throttle with aviation. Wisdom says to keep the job and not put in the hard earned cash into aviation in one go. But being almost 28 already, I don't have too much time on my hands. Started out in 2009 and still don't have much to show. Hopefully will clear the other subjects soon and then jump into completing my hours.

These reports may be pointless to most people, but may serve someone new to know what to expect in our great country. My advice like always, don't jump in unless you're prepared for the worst and definitely don't come here with a loan because that airline job will not come easy and why should the parents take your burden anyway? Last but not the least, have a backup for the time when all else fails.

Well anyway until next time.

MKS

Last edited by Mike_Kilo_Sierra; 4th Mar 2012 at 07:31.