PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates going with DEC
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2012, 08:52
BeCareful

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well fatbus, back to your own home country for example... unless you're a local. You know... unions, real legal system, etc.

Can't or don't want to go back? Then quit complaining and suck it up.

No offense, but I am so sick of pilots bitching on here and not willing to do anything about it. What can you do about it? Vote with your feet. Can't or won't vote with your feet? Well... too bad.

Remember, it is the company's prerogative to hire DEC's, to violate the so-called seniority at their whim because in the UAE, seniority as a union concept doesn't really mean anything if the management feels like changing it.

I just hope that prospective new joiners pay close attention to this whether they're prospective DEC or FO, and make appropriate choices. Coming into any Middle Eastern airline as an FO, you need to be prepared to be a career FO... you are at the mercy of the management who can change the rules on you at any time, and are not obligated to provide you with an upgrade opportunity. If you are OK with that and still choose to come here, and I don't mean just EK, but truly any Middle East airline.... welcome habibi! Enjoy the ride, but don't come complaining to me when you don't get upgraded. You knew the rules at joining...