PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 6
Thread: Aer Lingus - 6
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2012, 08:18
Bearcat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I laugh at all these suggestions at far away destinations. The bottom line is it won't work because EIN is too small. To fly to say SIN or back to SFO is a logistic nightmare for crewing. They don't have the resources for heavy crews up front and the flexibility for crew to down time in these places for two days etc. MCO is bad enough re logistics. EIN in my little world will continue to ply the old emigration routes for the foreseeable future as they know it's peaks and troughs and work with these. I also believe that the 350 can will continue to be kicked down the road for the foreseeable future and they will replace 330s with 330s. The 330 has been a life saver for EIN and has proved to be an economical workhorse in peak season. The big question tHough is the thin routes and this is where I do see this as a runner and the 321 neo coming into the fray. I see ORK-JFK/BOS as a runner and SNN in the winter runs happening. It also means they could sample new routes to the east coast with out the massive costs.....regrettably though I also see as a previous poster pointed out the only direction EIN knows for medium haul traffic is crossing the pond. EIN don't do long haul and it will remain so for the foreseeable future unless the company is bought out. If FR takes control of EIN from their track record of rack em, pack em and stack em I believe they will close down EINs current medium haul ops and start afresh with a new independent company....a modern day laker affair.....hmmm