PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAA v Mil Flying Clubs
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2012, 06:32
mosquito077

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Could be the Last,

On your first para, absolutely agree with you - and in retrospect I should have mentioned that point too ie the 'civie operated club' is indeed in the hands of the Staish/MAA.

On your second para, not seen anything yet. However, I am trying to stay ahead of the drag curve by examining the MAA requirements and cross referring to what I see as the lead documents under which a military operated 'civie' flying club must operate. Thus when asked 'we' will provide our structure - Accountable Manager, CAMO documentation and SMS based on ICAO (JAA) which are very very similar to the DH/DDH concepts of MAA. As far as I can tell the DH letter grabs an individual by the short and curlies and makes it very very clear they are the person that will be answering the questions if anything thing goes wrong - sweeping and broad statement I agree but fairly close to the truth.

Flying Clubs thus need, I think, to demonstrate almost equal tear creating focus on ensuring accountability (responsibility). A good flying club should be doing this through the HOT and must of course provide paperwork to show it (the bit we don't like). I would welcome views but the ICAO (JAA) ASMS structure is virtually identical to MAA ASMS (except the term DH (closest in civie speak is Accountable Manager).

I therefore think the key will be demonstrating that the flying club is operating to comparable standards to MAA - which do exist in the civie world but do require some thought to put together. Some paperwork inbound therefore but if the brain power and paperwork is not there why should Staish/AOC allow the Club to continue? No one wants to be named in second HC style report.

I absolutely welcome views as these are my thoughts, as I am game on to listen. Perhaps anyone from MAA?

Mos