PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Most fuel efficient twin?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2012, 06:25
peterh337

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mogas may be "available" everywhere but usually only in jerrycans, and the business of transporting jerrycans makes it impractical for serious use. For example my usable tank capacity is 86 USG (325 litres) which would be about 17 jerrycans, each of which is so heavy I can barely lift it and would need a sizeable vehicle to transport them. Also no normal garage would allow that many to be filled - AFAICS.

A twin engine ceiling of 15000ft and a single engine service ceiling of 7000ft isn't even enough to cross the Alps safely. In my view, the P2006's mission capability is that of a low end single.
Very much so; its ceiling is too low. If the ceiling is really 15k, and that (depending on the cert regime) is usually defined as +100fpm climb rate, then you are looking at ~FL130 as the highest practical altitude at say ISA+10 (typical southern European / Alpine summer conditions) and that is below the Eurocontrol MEAs in that region. For example this route has an MEA of FL140 and that is one of the lower ones. (Also that route is too long for it). It would be flyable VFR but only on very calm days when there is no chance of a downdraught.

But I think they know their market. It is FTO training and surveillance.

Re cost of capital, I really think this needs to be disregarded on a private purchase because if you took that into account you would die very rich not having done anything remotely interesting What cannot be disregarded is depreciation.