PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skill Test in India before Conversion of Licence
Old 2nd Mar 2012, 22:58
cyrilroy21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I found this on face book on the UPWA page

All this information is courtesy Varun
To all fellow aviators...This is the latest update with reg. to the "TRAINING AND LICESING DIRECTORATE" and new flowchart that appeared on DGCA website on 21/02/2012, the below mentioned info is from V.P. Singh, licensing dept of DGCA. You can now safely disregard all my previous posts with reg. to the same.

HERE GOES,

-ALL TESTS VIZ., GFT DAY/NIGHT CHK, IR CHK, 120 NM NIGHT, 250 NM DAY MUST BE MANDATORILY CARRIED OUT IN INDIA IN AT LEAST ONE TYPE OF A/C
(SE OR ME) FOR WHICH ENDORSEMENT ON LICENSE IS REQUESTED. FOR "ME ONLY" ENDORSEMENTS ON DGCA LICENSE CHKS MUST BE DONE IN INDIA. THIS RULE IS WITH EFFECT FROM 1ST APRIL 2012 AND IS APPLICABLE TO ALL CANDITATES WHO WANT TO CONVERT THEIR FOREIGN LICENSES IRRESPECTIVE OF RECENCY.

-DGCA WANTS YOU TO FULFILL ONLY THE ABOVE MENTIONED SKILL CHKS IN INDIA ON AT LEAT ONE A/C TYPE. SO IF U INTEND TO DO ME RECENCY ABROAD, IT IS STILL PERMITTED, PROVIDED YOU UNDERGO SKILL CHKS ON SE BCK IN INDIA. SO THE CHOICE OF SELECTING A/C TYPE FOR DOING SKILL CHKS IN INDIA IS UP TO THE CANDITATE.

- THE OTHER REQUIREMENTS LIKE 15 HRS PIC WITHIN 6 MONTHS, 5 HRS NIGHT PIC, SIGNAL RECEPTION TEST REPORT WITHIN 6 MONTHS, CAN BE STILL DONE ABROAD IF YOU INTEND TO.

DGCA has introduced this new rule to curb fake logging overseas, and to prevent ppl from faking recency - V.P. Singh.

He further added that students must stop going abroad to do get CPL license from foreign countries and instead do it here in India. To make things even miserable DGCA have intentions to make conversion candidates to give technical paper on requested a/c type he added...!