PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Southern WA
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2012, 16:42
dlx_xlb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The interview was pretty straight forward, no tricky questions..

Do you have experience working with international students?

How would you teach international students?

How do you deal with the language barrier?

Talk me through how you would teach a student climbing?

Why are you willing to live out in Merredin?

A student has just completed 4 perfect students on a solo check, what would you do?

My interview was a long time ago I only remember so much, and the CFI has changed twice since working there..

After passing the interview you will do a checkride with the CFI or a senior pilot of the company... In a Grob in the JT training area... Mine consisted of, Patter through a climb, Straight and level.. And do a forced landing.. ( no patter required but I did anyway).. Came back to JT for some circuits and pattered a few..

I worked for this mob for about 9 months... The place is only really good for the logbook and the bank account (also making new friends when you out in merredin as your fellow instructors are the only people you will generally socialize with), As far as I know they are the highest paying GA job in the country.. Management there don't really know how to run a flying school and are pretty self centered regarding their income.. Instructors are often lectured if they are not flying enough hours.. So if you want to sit down with a student and go thru some theory or a nice thorough De-brief that it is not considered 'work' according to management..

Work can be pretty laid back and easy, teaching Phase 2 and 3 (as it was known back then)... Students already have a GFPT and can already fly, all you need to do is analyze their flying de-breif at the end accordingly... They also have instructors work in the 'tower' which is like an air traffic control tower, but you give advisories only.. When it gets quiet you can just sit up there on the internet all day.. lol

Pretty much all instructors (Like me) move on the moment something better comes along, due to the way management treats their instructors. But then again I don't really see the need to be living in Merredin and working for CSWAFC for any longer than you need to..

All in all a good place to work if your looking to fill up your logbook and bank account and facebook friends..

Last edited by dlx_xlb; 2nd Mar 2012 at 16:59.