PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter Ground-Runs Performed by Engineers/Mechanics
Old 2nd Mar 2012, 12:18
SASless

Received 498 Likes on 207 Posts
I object to doubts being cast on my abilities by the likes of SAS who I know and others.
Did I mention you by name?

I do believe i suggested the "best" qualified individual be at the controls....and as even as much as I value all the experience and ability Engineers bring to the work place....there was no slight meant when I reported my choice for run-ups being a Pilot rather than an Engineer.

Now depending upon exactly which Engineer it might be.....I might in fact have some grave doubts as to their eligibility and competence to perform run-ups as there are some that I would rather not approach an aircraft for any reason much less to fire the puppy up for a ground run.

As I only suspect who you really are....in this case i can not state categorically which class of Engineer I would place you in.

I like the idea of Pilots and Engineers working together as an integral part of a team dedicated to maintaining the aircraft to the highest standard. Likewise, there is a great amount of knowledge that can be transferred both ways during such interaction that benefits both Pilot and Engineer. Unlike most ex-Military Pilots (particularly American), I do not see a "class" (rank) difference between Pilots and Engineers. I see both being parts of the same puzzle.