PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Australia!
Thread: Air Australia!
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2012, 10:52
Eastwest Loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One msut realise that there is 2 weeks of IATA/BSP trading held in the IATA coffers.

That would be millions of bucks plus. Who would know.

After the AN collapse that was returned to the Agents in the case of cash transactions.

The 2 Marks then sought to regain it despite the fact that there were flown revenue overides to multiples of the amounts they tried to rip back that were treated as unsecured debts.

It didn't work very well.

The largest slice of the revenue held by IATA by far will be credit card and will melt like the snow in Spring as reversals come in by credit card.

I had 2 bookings on cash for 4 people total that I refunded just after 0700 on the morning of the breaking news and for the sake of my clients I hope they go through but even if they are cleared by IATA I will have to wait over 9 months to see if I can clear the funds back to the passengers.

Animalclub - Your info is right on the money.

My dad after being a LAME for TAA for many years did night school and became a CPA for them.

He was responsible for loading the "unearned revenue" onto the short term money market over 30 years ago.

I cannot remember the dollar values but I can remember they were scary back then to an 18 year old.

There is no big business that doesn't do it.

Best

EWL