PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SpiceJet Recruitment 2012 [Non Type Rated]
Old 2nd Mar 2012, 08:04
estranged soul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To Aroumika and all the budding activists and crusaders-against-nepotism in this forum :

I fully understand the frustrations and pains all of you might be going through.

However, do understand that this industry is very cruel towards the very people who try to "bring about a change". Especially with means like yours which involve going to the media and taking on big corporates.

If your young hot blooded minds are open to receiving any advise (and I hope so), do understand that your best asset in this industry is your own privacy.

Those who try to stick out like sore thumbs often end up in misery and grief.

You can go report to media, create a ruckus and organize "dharnas" and protests and what have you. Ultimately your identity will no longer remain a secret and you can kiss any slim chances of a career in Indian aviation goodbye forever.

Just remember that you are basically taking on and attacking the big corporates and their image. The airlines all have their people to track you down, and will ensure that their doors remain closed for you forever.

Believe me this has been happening in the past and has happened in the very recent past too.

The very "army against corruption and nepotism" that you're trying to create here will ditch you the moment one of your comrades or "colonels" get any kind of connection or "jugaad" which can get them a job.

Many have tried such things in the past and all have failed. Why ? Simply because .. thats Capitalism for you, my young friend.
Capitalism at it's best and worst, if you would like it that way.

Demand and supply (or Desperation and Security/Comfort levels) is what ultimately determines whether or not Spicejet, Scumjet, or crapjet etc will charge you 25K or 50K for a written exam and interview.

Spicejet like all other private carriers is ultimately just that .. a PRIVATE BUSINESS ENTITY.
They have no obligation to declare or dislose any "exam results" or marksheets or anything.

Today, you're protesting about the inordinate and ridiculously high "written exam" fees charged by the airlines.
Tomorrow you will complain that the salaries offered by them are lousy.
Are you then going to again go to the media and/or stage mass protests etc ?

Any business man running a corporate will only be bothered about generating profits and NOT to do community service or generate jobs for the masses.

Perhaps some soul searching to do, my young guns ??

Were you all not advised about the nature of this industry (not just in India) and all the vagaries associated with it ?

Did you all not do your own homework before taking the plunge ?

No plan B or plan C, in case plan A (ie RHS of a shiny big jet) fails ?

No motivation to look for a job in Africa, Carribean, Oceania etc ? or elsewhere whether there are still PLENTY of jobs, provided you're all willing to leave the ego in your closet (or perhaps just crush it once and for all), and fly the lovely small airplanes and work your way up ??

Think, think my friends ! and with a Calm mind ! .. For there lies the solution or ideas for you to work your way out of the uncomfortable situation you find yourselves in.