PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leave at EK , fatigue and flight safety.
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2012, 06:15
fourgolds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all

Not hypothetical at all. I for one have no leave for between 14 and 16 months ( I wont specify the exact period to avoid being indentified ) . So the theory of 22 months ( based on the reasoning I have from the leave lady ( see my first post)is entirely plausible.Even 16 months is just too long.

Bird Brain , tks for the info from the Labour website , but read the very last paragraph on the pasting you provided and like our FTL,s its open to interpretation and EK are choosing as always against common sense in their favour.

So you can go 22 months without leave.

The biggest concern I have is safety. The next thing they will say the FRMS commitee / computer program says its OK to go 22 months without leave , studies have shown bla bla bla. This is really happening to some of us ladies and gents. The company still may assign leave ( if it becomes available , however with my emails to them its not on the cards and has been brushed off , refering to an FCI , time will tell ) , even if it is assigned. What lifestyle benefit is there to a sudden short notice leave assignment.( try booking your ALT 5 days before your leave starts !)

So again they will do what they want. No union/ labour law in a civilised country would allow such a practice. Its not a level playing field and its precisely why the competition and " civilised" society need to fight to protect their interests.( well done Canada)

Like with the current complaints about the DEC policy ( every current F/O was advised about this on this forum) , any one that joins and is affected by this leave policy in the future will recieve no sympathy.

In addition we have to ask , what is next ?