PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nats atcos to spain?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2012, 06:15
Out The Gap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks again for all the info Daermon, much appreciated!* I take it then, from your overall attitude, that you would be more than willing to escape abroad if the opportunity arose?

Just wondering also, if FerroNATS fail to get enough transferring ATCOs from Aena and fail to poach enough ATCOs from NATS or wherever, could a similar overtime situation return?* (thus boosting overall salaries - and hours worked - of those remaining controllers brave enough to stick it out).* Or would those student cadets (unlucky enough not able to escape and get work elsewhere abroad) be trained in to fill the shortfall, regardless of their ability/performance?

Regarding the quieter airports, (although I know this is fast-forwarding 5-10 years from now), I reckon any which has less than 50,000 annual movements (of which there are currently a lot in Spain) would be vulnerable to Remote Virtual Tower (RVT) technology, and the resultant significant number of job losses that it involves... albeit bringing a huge financial saving to whatever contractor is then in charge.* Anyway, thats another day's topic!