PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Windows 8
Thread: Windows 8
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2012, 20:34
green granite
More bang for your buck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is the option to download it to disc then burn it to a memory stick or dvd as an ISO, you'll need a 3Gig memstick, but you will still need to install it to the hard drive, I haven't tried it (I installed it on a separate partition) but you can just update an existing windows installation and it will talk you through it.

Not bring a user of small mobile devices It took me awhile to get my head around the concept of just moving things out of the way when you're finished with them and it took a while to work out how to get past the splash screen at the start and into the log in screen.

It is very fast with screens opening instantly and so far it's only crashed once, this was after it had put itself to sleep and about half an hour later it suddenly said "I've encountered a problem and will have to reboot" which it did ok.

Don't think much of I.E.10 but I opinion may change after I've used it a bit more, FireFox 10 runs without any problems.

Edited to add: It appears to be using about 720 Meg of ram which seems very good.

Last edited by green granite; 1st Mar 2012 at 20:53.