PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vb Per
Thread: Vb Per
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2002, 04:27
peravspy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Aero(S)care

Hi All,

Just in response to the last writers comment re: Check-in staff asking PAX about their Checked Baggage and whether it contains anything hazardous, at our Airline it is policy BEFORE we commence any work near PAX we MUST pass a DG Awareness Course, and it is SOP to ask EVERY PAX Security Q's regarding their Checked Baggage - i.e. Did you pack these items yourself? Does it contain anything of a Dangerous Nature etc etc...

It is just a plain breach of the CAR's when staff are not trained in DG Awareness, regardless of where they are employed i.e. Rampies or Check-in.

Once again it just shows lack of Management from the word go. As previously stated the Airport Manager has less than 12 months experience in the Industry, the Check-in Supervisors are all ex AN Resso staff with no Airport Op's Experience (No offence to ex AN RES staff) and the Senior Ramp Supervisor used to be a Kitchenhand in the AN Golden Wing(ers) lounge!!! I rest my case.....

Further to this, I was well informed that the part owner of the business who is also the General Manager based in SYD, has also had no prior industry experience and used to be a Chemist or the like with the RAAF.

As a few previous posts on this subject have mentioned, quite possibly at other Aero(s)care ports where they carry out Ground Handling for numerous carriers they may well be experienced which is good to know. However I really think for the benefit of the travelling public and VB's image the PER Op really needs to be bought into the spotlight.

Cheers All!

***** FLY FAST, BE SEEN *****

Hi All,

Just surfing the web before I head off to work this afternoon and found this interesting statement on the Aero(s)care Website:

Quote:

Departure dependability is the hallmark of Aero-Care's ramp handling. Our managers and employees at check-in and on the ramp go through one of the most rigorous training programs in the industry. From the moment your aircraft is marshalled to the gate until its push back departure, our teams are well equipped to handle both the typical and the extraordinary challenges that come with every flight operation

Unquote.

Hehe, makes me laugh, maybe they could ad DG Training to their "Rigorous Training Program"!!!!

Cheers All!!

***** FLY FAST, BE SEEN *****