PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hour building & modular trainning for ATPL
Old 15th Mar 2001, 22:13
Hicks

A very good topic Navigator.

My situation is a little different to yours since I hold an 'old style UK-CAA' PPL with an IMC rating and a pityful 100hrs.
Due to my current work I will probably have to go along the modular route and I have been thinking along the lines with regards to the CPL and IR for a couple of weeks now.

I therefore have a couple of questions that I have not been able to get answered so far (primarily because I am abroad and don't have access to the documents like the CAPs 53/54 etc).

Since I already hold the oldPLL/IMC I get the reduction of the 12 hours. - fantastic. Until Summer 2002 by which allt he IR stuff needs to be finished. - Bugger.

1) I am not desperate for the CPL itself quite yet so I was going to do the IR first and then do the ATPL gound studies/CPL training afterwards.
Does that sound reasonable?

2) Does anybody know about the actual workload for the PPL/IR writtens and can they be done as a distance learning exercise (Holland - you know)?

3) What are the actual flying requirements for _starting_ the IR flying training? Somewhere I remember seeing 150TT.

Thank you for any answers guys/girls.