PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - at my wits end.. job search is from HELL!
Old 4th Dec 2002, 02:59
scubabri

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
at my wits end.. job search is from HELL!

I've got 507TT and 23 ME time, I'm about at my wits end to try and find a job.

I've been told, I need to have experience and time to find a good paying job and that my options are as follow,

instruct (most that I've found want 1000TT and 500 given, yah right)

fly photography (ok, it's winter, and the one place I did find, 2000TT 1000 ME, yah right).

Fly skydivers (do you have any X time where X=whatever aircraft I haven't flown, oh.. and by the way, do you have an A&P, Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Note from the President, oh.. and you'll need 1000TT )

Fly checks, well, that would be fine if I met part 135 minimums

Fly pipeline patrol, pipelines?? yah.. for the one pilot in the whole US who is probably doing this.

Fly Tours (did I mention minimums?)

Traffic watch (anyone doing this in fixed wing??)

Deliver Aircraft (ok.. lets just try and find an insurance company that will cover me in that new Mooney or the 206, and I don't think that there is a big demand for flying 172's anywhere, besides, that furloughed UAL pilot with 8 gazillion hours would be more than happy to fly it)

Did I mention that Air Vegas would hire me.. oooh.. but watch out, I need to give them $5000 bux for 5 hours of BE99 time. Of course, should you require more, that will be $750/hr... um.. the last I recall... aren't they suppose to pay ME to work for them? We, at least I meet the minimums.. beggars can't be choosy.

Lets, see... OH!! I should go to Alaska to build time.. hehe that's a funny one.. what's the old saying?? It takes time to build time?? If I could meet the alaska minimums, do you think I really would want to risk my life in alaska??

Have I left anything out?? I think i am gonna go cry and see if 7-11 is hiring

Sigh.. sorry, it's late.. I had to vent.

brians