PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates going with DEC
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2012, 11:29
Gypsy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've posted before about my own experience. I'm now a short haul, narrow body captain (well the a/c is narrow body anyway!) but was previously a long haul wide body captain. I gave up the long haul so I could see more of my kids. I know many others who have done the same for various reasons. It is not difficult to go back to long haul and the recent posts suggesting otherwise and referring to 'cr*p short haul pilots' show incredible arrogance.

I also know at least one guy who joined EK having been a captain and they only took him on as a F/O even though they were then recruiting DEC's - so perhaps not all are as outstanding as Swan Man and Varmint believe.

Friends within once suggested many years ago that I join EK as an F/O as with my experience I would get back to the LHS within 2 years or so. I gave it some thought but most people I know who have voluntarily stepped from the LHS to the RHS to join another airline, have had to wait longer than forecast to get their command back. I didn't do it as there are too many variables within our industry beyond our control.

If you were a captain and joined as a F/O more fool you!

For the record i am not applying myself.