PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 6
Thread: Aer Lingus - 6
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2012, 10:56
airbourne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EI is mostly cautious in where it opens routes. Then again, they open and close without having the marketing in place to do it right. The best example I can point to is the DUB-DXB route. Although it was started in the summer, who in their right mind would want to travel to DXB in 45 degree heat. So after a short while the route was pulled. Now we have both Emirates and Etihad going to that part of the world and both enjoying great success with it.

All you have to do is look at the fantastic results Continental had with opening routes to Europe using the 757. It is very possible that EI could replicate that success with the A321NEO.

DUB-YUL
DUB-YYZ
DUB-YOW
DUB-PHL
DUB-IAD
DUB-BWI
DUB-PTT
SNN-YUL
SNN-YYZ
SNN-JFK
SNN-EWR
SNN-BWI

So many options. If that market was that saturated, why did DL start JFK-DUB? Why did AA start ORD-DUB? Why did UA start IAD-DUB?

In my own opinion, EI suffered from a lot of mixed reviews on the TA product. For so long, it was hit and miss what aircraft you would get. But now that the product is uniform and some would say better to what the american carriers offer.

Final question to which I hope someone could answer. Why has Canada never been offered by EI?