PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPRuNE censorship without feedback
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2002, 00:24
NorthernSky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PPRuNE censorship without feedback

Has this happened to anyone else...?

I posted a piece in Reporting Points a few days ago, which was relevant to professional flight crew more than anyone else (to do with air carriers carrying military materiel - naming several well-known long haul carriers), and it was moved to the 'Passengers and SLF' forum. I thought it was best not to put it right in front of that readership, so I deleted it and put a post into Reporting Points questioning the action of the moderator. I didn't receive a PM about it, and the post about the moderation was deleted, again, without any notification as to why.

Then, and albeit inspired by the legendary Chris Morris, I posted in the thread about the pregnant twelve-year-old. I used some deep dark humour, but didn't commit anything to the board which could land me in court - far from it, I chose my words very carefully. Nonetheless, it made my post in the 'orange' thread look amateurish.

Surprise surprise, the post has been deleted, again without any communication to me.

So, it seems that the moderators are deleting posts they don't like without offerring any critique. That's fine, if they want to run the board that way, and I shall take my odd spare moment elsewhere.

I just thought I might share this with you. The internet is a wondrous thing, but power corrupts, and I believe it may be that amongst the moderators here, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

I have posted in the past mainly in technical forums, often involving in-depth debate about my bread-and-butter as a pilot who spends too much time driving an airline desk. But I enjoyed this, the sparring on minutae and regulation, and the philosophysing on safety and other topics. I have also posted on the odd occasion in Jet Blast, and remember with specal fondness the debate about Rice Crispies a while ago.

But, as I have been reined in three times now without any explanation (or even apology!), I guess that I must have racked up enough 'points' to be disqualified, so I bid you all goodbye and good luck. You never know when you might need it.

(I hope that at least one other PPRuNEr may have investigated Nick Drake's music as a result of my signature - it is truly special).