PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas -its started
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2002, 23:59
Floaty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey I-in-the-sky! Don't bother trashing yourself with chocolate ice cream for days okay? We already have someone (I won't mention your name Kjay, I promise!) with previous history of food poisonning after a negative answer... it's not the case to repeat such a thing!! Still, the coated brownies are a must! Try them before the interview instead of after... much more enjoyable! After all, don't we all forget GUILT quicker than DISAPPOINTMENT??

Persistance is THE KEY WORD! I am personally still waiting for 2 companies to give me their answer after a stage II with both of them, however tonight I've booked another ticket to the UK for an assessment with british midland... just in case!!!!!!!.... Gosh! I got bumped by so many companies in 2002 that I don't even remember how many of them said no... eehh... let's try: Sunstate, Impulse, Emirates, Australian Airlines (x2), Virgin Blue, United... oh! Qantas and Eastern even refused to give me an interview because of my visa... Now I'm having a crack at the other side of the globe... Already 3 interviews in less than a month.
So, for time being, the Grand Total is 8, going for 9 this week-end!
Believe me, there are plenty of people in this industry who scored between 11 and 14!!!!!... Others simply got it from day one! I don't have such a Charm I guess, but I know I can do a great job if I find my little spot... The more I get rejected, the more I convince myself I really have something to give, otherwise I wouldn't insist so much torturing my self-esteem!!

Really folks! I know I might sound like an old bag with this bla bla but any successful man will tell you the same: PERSISTANCE PAYS OFF! Positive thinking and a smile on your face will also help!

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL!

Mrs. FloatJockey