PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Australia!
Thread: Air Australia!
View Single Post
Old 29th Feb 2012, 19:44
international hog driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gobbels, you are way off the mark here, as a matter of fact it is quite opposite.

The regulator can and does request a financial health check, I know because I have prepared one, as per any "accountant produced figures" they can be manipulated to represent any outcome you desire.

Regarding the "safety aspect" AA appears to be a very safety orientated, having intimate dealings with CASA on this I have seen how the regulator/FOI's can place undue burden upon an organisation in regard to the level of training, staffing, and the expense required to satisfy the regulators request.

AA have spent an absolute fortune on "training and safety systems" to overly satisfy the regulator. FACT.

Maybe if some of this overburden had not been spent on systems, consultants and contractors that were requested by the regulator then AA would have had more in the kitty at the end of the day.

The R part is one thing however, the lack of defined rules and process by some levels & individuals in CASA, is astonishing where perfectly working, internationally accepted method, process and qualification is accepted by one division/individual and not another is beggars belief.

I can tell you right now their are some individuals (CASA) who have constructed little empires in the belief that their instance of process and policy have had there desired result, AA is now the safest airline in Australia.... because they dont have an aircraft in the sky.