PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet Airways B777 recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 29th Feb 2012, 15:34
drive73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old bold, I don't think fullforward is a 777 capt. from jet and he is the one stating 15 + days late on the pay, and that managment fines, berates the pilots, so please don't take the previous post as a shot against the 777 guys. Usually one bad apple causes most of the problems. Fullforward has an obvious ax to grind as you can see by his previous posts. 20 days late for the second month.. Is not even close to accurate and an obvious lie!
I know for a fact the pay has been delivered on the 15 th for the last two months, so we can say embellished a bit instead of lie if that makes you feel better. Fullforward, I call it like I see it, if it's not true it's a lie. I have no problem letting other readers know facts don't back up the statements made. I worked with many a pilot who did nothing but complain about the contract, but for some reason never left until they were forced to leave. They are the vocal ones, most of the happy guys never report on pprune. There are good points about these contracts. If you read pprune all these contracts are horrible with absolutely no upside, we all know it's about the right fit.
As I stated before problems in India have always been high, even four years ago the wide body guys were as they are today the first to be pushed from the company due to local guys wanting to fly the biggest and most prestigious in the fleet, but where exactly do you feel safe and free from problems as an expat? Your in a foreign country flying, not on a seniority system with western unions of the 70s. If life is so great at home fly there, but we all know how great the unions protected our pensions and how great life is in western aviation. Korean, Chinese, middle east, India, Japan, south America, Africa, all have contracts and as you read this forum every contract stinks and has countless problems, it's just the world expats face and you either find a good match that fits or go home. Jet always pays, very easy (long, disorganized), but easy training, very little managment interference, good hotels for the most part, and extremely nice cabin crews who treat you with so much respect, excellent equipment and maintenance. It has it's problems, but please tell me what gig out there is the holy grail of contracts with no problems.

Last edited by drive73; 29th Feb 2012 at 16:04.