PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IR and MEP Renewals
View Single Post
Old 29th Feb 2012, 15:04
ReleasePT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys, can you confirm that we can do the ME IR revalidation every alternate year on the FNPTII sim without doing the revalidation of MEP together?

I've completed my MEP and ME IR last year, they will both expire on 03/30/2012. I'd like to go to the UK to do my revalidation at Shoreham because they offer an interesting package to revalidate only ME IR on the sim.

The problem is that my CPL JAA licence is from Portugal I contacted them to confirm if I could do all this before going to the UK and they keep saying that since the MEP will expire by the 03/30/2012 the ME IR, even if I try to do a revalidation before, will also expire together with the MEP.

So what they are saying is that I have to do the revalidation of both on the airplane in order to keep them valid for one more year. I really don't know what to say. Portugal and UK are both JAA members I thought they should have the same rules.

Any help?

I'm currently living in Switzerland, that means I can convert my Portuguese licence to a Swiss licence (Switzerland is also JAA member). I already contacted them to see if they authorize revalidation of ME IR on the sim. I'm still waiting for an answer but I think so because at least one flight school here in Switzerland offers revalidation biannual in the sim and biannual on the aircraft.