PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 50 quid to apply at Ryanair!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2002, 21:16
Lazlo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The answer is simple: Don't apply there. I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would. The fact is that if you don't have the experience you will lose your money and therefore there is no point in applying. If you do have the experience they are looking for, there are quite a few opportunities out there so look elsewhere. The result is that people are looking at Ryanair as a last resort which will hit Ryanair hard in the long run in terms of attrition rates and quality of staff. They don't strike me as an outfit that thinks very far ahead (but that is just an opinion).

The difference between this and "the way the rest of the industry is going" is that Ryanair are the only ones who are charging all pilots regardless of experience. In the past, new pilots with little/no experience have been hit with all sorts of schemes like buying type ratings, MCC courses, LOFT courses etc but in general once they got a job and a few thousand hours under their belts they had more options and didn't have to continue to shell out (except maybe the odd sim session to keep current if they are made redundant). What Ryanair is doing hurts everyone including themselves.

Lazlo