PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SpiceJet Recruitment 2012 [Non Type Rated]
Old 29th Feb 2012, 12:16
aroumika

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@johny_boy
i feel like banging my head to a wall quite literally after reading everything you've had to say, it's because of people with a mindset like yours that the airlines will continue to exploit us in the most outright manner, c'mon man i'm trying to fight for a just and valid cause here, how about a little bit of help and appreciation? i don't mean to attack you personally, but your views are just beyond me!

1) you yourself have admitted the exam is a sham and they call people at random, so what's wrong with trying to fight against this system rather than just letting it be the way it is?

2) even though the previous spice threads indicate their irregular pattern, cpl holders don't have a choice but to still attempt the exam with the hope of passing, given the lack of jobs and tough competition due to the recession, how long do you expect us to sit around waiting without a job and without trying?

3) spicejet charges a fee on a "demand and supply situation", seriously!? there shouldn't be an exam fee to start with! let alone their exam is not even worth 25k!

4) your defense of the increase from 20k to 25k is nothing short of appalling! we don't use dollars in india, our currency happens to be the indian rupee just so you know

5) they select prospective pilots based on "various different things", what various different things are you talking about, please enlighten me!

6) they call less amount of people so that they can "pay less for the exam hall"? seriously!? they're collecting almost 1 crore total in fees my dear friend! and here you are talking about fees for an exam hall, i am laughing now, i really am!

7) granted that pilots in india are hired with as little as 200+ hours as compared to pilots abroad which get hired with 1500+ hours, but keeping in mind that the aviation infrastructure in india is so poor with very few flight schools, none of us can join as flight instructors to build up our flight time, so that's something we can't be blamed for. i did my CPL training in the US where there's hundreds of flight schools across the country where one can build their flight hours to 1500 or so. you must be wondering why Indian CPL holders can't stay in these countries after their CPL training to become flight instructors, well the answer is every country is hiring their own citizens to become flight instructors, hence leaving us with no option but to return to india with 200+ hours.

based on the "nature" of the points you have put across, i have come to the following 3 conclusions:
1) you must be already employed with some airline which shows your lack of care. i'm guessing you're a pilot working for spice because you seem so offended by everything on here
2) you must be working for the spice management and you're just trying to defend them

regardless of who you are, the protest is gaining alot of momentum and alot of pilots are joining hands together to fight against this corrupt system, so nothing you say can stop this protest or effect it in any way, enough said!

Last edited by aroumika; 29th Feb 2012 at 12:32.