PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 29th Feb 2012, 11:11
McBruce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having worked for RYR for 4 years and endured the BS and lies they spout. I would just tell them you passed all exams and flight tests first time and still, your not even stepping down to their level.

On a more serious note: when I was interviewed, I was just asked about my training and passes. All mine were first time so I'm not sure if they check this or not. Too many good guys not being looked at because of a paperwork exercise.

On the topic of RYR being screwed with crews leaving. Sadly I think they will survive and limp on. This is technically the last summer they must survive before expansion stops which means they can settle down and get some stability. Even if that means getting 20% more FO's and CPTs than required, the end result will be the average hours for everyone will go down. They can do this because it costs them nothing. Anyone joining FR or doing the type rating just now who has signed the BRK contract, I urge you to join REPA Frontpage as well as IALPA, its £15 per month but you will gain much more in the long run if we're able to put a layer of protection between us and the beast. Anyone who think they should be grateful for the opportunity and this doesn't apply to them. Learn from history. RYR skippers now on 60,000e contracts, compared to £100,000k + from 2004 agreement and all allowances, pension, health care are gone. At what point do you stop being grateful? anyway if you don't agree, then time in this company will win you over but you will be fighting to get back what you have now.

Anyway, good luck people, and welcome to RYR