PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alligator Airway's
View Single Post
Old 29th Feb 2012, 11:06
The Green Goblin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The way things are going with CASA right now I doubt they will make it to the dry season.......If they do, expect a strategic grounding for maximum affect right on peak season with a full compliment of staff onboard and where costs are at a peak.

I'd keep your noses pretty clean this year too fellas, make sure you have your t's crossed and your i's dotted. Don't even think about a couple of extra kilos, the scales will be there for sure.

It would seem rightly or wrongly CASA has a bone to pick. Once those wheels start to turn and the screws are tightened it does not matter who is right or
who is wrong, it only matters how deep your pockets are and how much you are willing to lose. Generally 'everything'.

Judging from the TIO-540 disaster (which we all warned about on pprune, why would you run the engines at 80% power in cruise ) I don't think the pockets are too deep. There is a reason why there are cruise schedules in aircraft POH/AFMs.

Also remember engineers might think they know how to operate engines, but unless they are a pilot they do not. Pilots fly and operate engines, engineers fix them.

I would also never give a 200 hour pilot a turbocharged engine to play with until I was positive they knew how to handle it. While it is easy to operate it is certainly not as forgiving as its naturally aspirated cousin when treated poorly.

Try for Slingair this year fellas. If CASA want a war, you don't want to be in the middle of it.

Stay safe out there.