PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Class 1 IAA v CAA
View Single Post
Old 29th Feb 2012, 10:33
johnc21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Class 1 IAA v CAA

Morning all,

I am considering my Class 1 medical exam at the moment.

Anyway I am a resident in Ireland and I am trying to decide where is best to go. I have been looking at various forums for a while now and I am noticing not too many positives for getting it done with the IAA.

Now the confusion enters the arena. I am hearing all sorts of bits and pieces saying the PPL and CPL must be completed in the state of initial class 1 issue. On the CAA website they offer a CAA Class 1 / JAA Class 1

I would have thought the JAA Class 1 would be acceptable to the IAA since it came from a member state.

Also I have one or two concerns. I had perthes when I was 7, got discharged at 14, it never really came back to me until I recently started running which does put extra stress on the hip joint in particular I know but I have since stopped for a few weeks and the pain has subsided. In terms of flexibility I am fine, I can walk, run ( the after affect being a little inflammation), drive etc so from that point of view I am a little concerned but I don't think it will be a big issue.

I also had an operation called tendon release on my right thigh.

I have a small Pinguecula on my right eye, not a major thing. It can be removed if neccessary I think.

I know it sounds like I have all sorts but some sort reassurance on the above matters would really put me at ease.

Finally I am also looking for the most recent feedback from class 1 medicals completed in CAA or IAA land and how your experiences were.

Thanks for your support and help folks
John