PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Current state of Aviation as a career
View Single Post
Old 29th Feb 2012, 09:47
Cirronimbus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its an employer's market. Jobs of any sort (aircrew or otherwise) never used to be advertised in the newspapers. You had to know someone in the industry. These days, the field is full of so many people desperate to get a start in aviation, the employers can advertise and take their pick of the applicants. That is why wages and conditions are so poor. If you don't like 'pineapples' (even the smoother end); then you'd probably be better off (financially and physically) working in another industry. If being around 'planes, pilots, and people who do; doesn't do 'it' for you, aviation isn't going to be the 'lifestyle' you seek.

There is too many greedy people taking advantage of too many desperate people out there. If you don't wan't the 'pineapple', there are plenty more who will give it a go. The 'lifestyle' and job satisfaction, is not going to happen in the short term.

Good luck with it all and I hope you can make the decision that is right for you. (I hate 'pineapples' but I'm getting used to them. I just hope the 'injuries' will be covered by worker's comp!).