PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 29th Feb 2012, 04:28
Fratemate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fratemate, this comment shows how ignorant you are and illustrates how you just pulled this out of your arse. I know for a fact that 2 of the guys going have a couple thousand hours (757 I think) as jet PIC.
Thank you for your considered words. I didn't say the guys weren't experienced, I said they weren't widebody, longhaul experienced like a bunch of the ex-JAL guys are. I know JE has 767 PIC time but we're talking about those that will/may leave, not those that have already left. I also said this not as a slur on any of our pilots (because they're good guys and there is no slur anyway) but to counter your supposition that SM are going to stick foreign, narrowbody pilots on the 330/380, when they've got Japanese, widebody pilots on their staff. This 'suggestion' is borne out by Lindberg, who's been there and has a grip on the reality of SM.

It's a shame you edited your post to remove the statement that you had sufficient experience to join AJX as a captain before they upped the requirements. How come you would have had >1500 PIC and yet you suddenly don't meet the SM requirements and that's why you can't go there? Something doesn't add up and it doesn't take a genius to figure out why; so maybe I'm not quite as ignorant as you say.