PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ADSL Speeds...
Thread: ADSL Speeds...
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2012, 22:59
Phalconphixer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speak to 1004...been there done it...several times... normal answer call 900357000 ADSL hotline... in Spanish only... (not complaining about the language this is Spain after all).

Telefonica have admitted several times that the problem is their and 'they are working towards a solution'

3mbps is the fastest service we can get and for years it was fine but then started to go downhill fast!

Strangely enough though last Tuesday I ran a speedtest on T'fonicas own website and I noticed two things;
1) the format has changed; used to be that ones contracted speeds were displayed along with the actuals measured. Now, the contracted speed is no longer displayed, just the actual measurement and this cryptic comment
"Su velocidad es correcta dentro de los parámetros de su servicio contratado (Velocidades NOMINALES mínimas: 512K de bajada, 128 K de subida)" which roughly translated means
"Your speed is correct within the parameters of your service contract (minimum nominal speeds: 512K down, 128K up)"
Now there is no way that if the download speed dropped to 512Kbps could it be considered correct if our contracted speed is 3Mbps!
Telefonica appear to have moved the goal posts! Again!

2) Our contracted upload speed is supposedly 320Kbps and yet coincidentally the actual has increased to an average 550Kbps.

Am I going to query this with Telefonica? Not on your life! At the moment we are getting up to 3Mbps down and a relatively steady 550Kbps up. Since the main thrust of my complaints to Telefonica have been about atrociously slow uploads (typically 40Kbps or less), I think its time I stopped hassling them and quit while I'm ahead!

pp