PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Solicitor recommendation please.
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2012, 19:17
Lima Juliet

Received 83 Likes on 34 Posts
I too resisted joining the Society as the only advice they had on my circumstances in the "members only" section was wrong - how do I know? I asked a friend to check for me on advice on my circumstance who had paid the subs very recently. The advice in question was for the requirement for the 30 day gap between Regular and FTRS - the advice in recent copies of Pathfinder was also wrong, wrong, wrong.

BTW if you're a Regular on AFPS75 transferring to FTRS you do not need a 30 day gap - in fact you need no gap at all! Simply leave on one day and join the next. I know because I did exactly that, no penalty and no loss of gratuity. That advice is free and I won't be charging for that

That said, the Society is useful for providing a voice for lobbying Whitehall on our issues - sadly, this time, I fear their comment will be ignored. I also know that they have done good work for others that have not read into their scheme as well as they could have (most of the documents you need are online with Pensions booklets and the JSPs).

LJ