PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment X
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2012, 18:21
flygirl22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Open Day - reach test

Hi everyone, I went to the Open Day this past weekend in DC and was eliminated in the first round because I could not pass the REACH TEST. It's not about how tall you are, but being able to reach 212 cm. I am 5 ft 2 inches and could not reach this height even on my tippy-toes (almost). So to anyone who is 5'2" or shorter, I suggest taking some yoga classes to stretch out your spine before you go to an OD. The recruiters were very nice but they were very strict about this point. There were many other applicants who went home besides me because they were too short. I was really disappointed and shocked because I had tried this reach test at home but had incorrectly measured 212 cm on my wall. So good luck to all you shorties like me!

PS. I was told by the recruiters that I couldn't reapply for another 6 months but have read in this forum that if you attend an OD you can come again as soon as you want, but if you go to an Assessment Day, you can't go to another for 6 months. I would like to try again as soon as possible but am unclear about what is permissible. Does anyone have any ideas about how soon you can apply if you failed the reach test (assuming you can gain some height haha)?
-Flygirl22