PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nats atcos to spain?
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2012, 16:03
aldegar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agree with Daermon and Pamplinas. I'll just add two more reasons why current AENA ATCOs have to be very careful before they choose to stay with FERRONATS:

- I've read the T&Cs offered and it's not completely true that their salary will be 30k to 40k gross (40k for ATCOs with +7 years experience). To be more precise, that is the MAXIMUM salary, and there are many supplements included in that maximum specified salary: productivity, punctuality and attendance amongst others. But they don't specify how much each supplement is worth. So you may think you'll earn 30k gross at the end of the year only to find out you only get, for example, 15k gross because you arrived late once, you missed four days of work because you were in bed with flu and you were not productive enough. By the way, how do you measure productivity in a twr? (delays?, a subjective report from your boss?...). So, there's no way to know for sure what the salary will be, quite risky.

- Big changes taking place in Spain with the new government affecting ALL workers (not only ATCOs). With the new laws about to come out, it's better to keep your current contract than signing a new contract after these changes take place (with whatever new company/employer), since you will loose privileges from the old legislative framework. Basically, changes will imply that firing a worker will be much simpler, faster, and almost free for the employer.

aldegar,
surely you are a 'mobile-grade'.
Of course, I'm perfectly aware of that. I was just reffering to the current situation (privatization of the twrs), but changes will soon arrive to ACCs too and I know it won't be long before my turn could come to face being forced to move... if not being fired or leaving.

PD: By the way, is there anybody from FERRONATS that could bring some light to this thread?