PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nats atcos to spain?
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2012, 14:08
Out The Gap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the info Daermon. Out of curiosity, could you give me a rough idea of the pre-December 2010 basic Aena salary for a non-radar-rated Tower ATCO, in an airport of say less than 100,000 movements annually, before any overtime was added on? Also, are there not some quiet Spanish airports with less than 1000 movements per month, that could realisitically be AFISO-only operated, and be paid accordingly?

And Pamplinas, in relation to your previous post, I find it hard to believe what your insider has told you... that FerroNATS do not intend contracting any of the current Aena staff.... Surely, they would find it very difficult to find enough candidates to replace all the Aena staff, especially with such poor salaries. Even taking volunteers from their own NATS pool in the UK, do they have such a surplus of ATCOs/OJTIs/Supervisors to fill the gap?? I sincerely doubt it.

Finally, on the subject of Saerco, does anyone know if their ATCOs, who have gone to complete a course in Prague, are student cadets or previously-rated controllers? Just curious..