PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SpiceJet Recruitment 2012 [Non Type Rated]
Old 28th Feb 2012, 13:34
aroumika

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To all the cpl holders on here who haven't cleared the exam,

I can understand the disappointment and anguish each of you are going through. I must admit that I haven't written the exam myself, because I wasn't called in the first place. I have applied to spice 4 times thus far, and never got a call from them. I have been very disappointed about this, but today I am relieved because I too would have gone ahead, paid 25k and probably have flunked the exam too. On that note, I am not posting this for "myself", but for "all of us" and what "I think we should too". Clearly this scam has been going on way too long now, and it is my opinion that none of us has raised this issue to either the media or spice's higher authorities, out of fear of our own careers at stake. But the fear has to stop NOW, we can no longer afford to sit on our buttocks and let them take undue advantage of us.

Here's what I think we should do:

All of us, as many as possible (the more the better), need to write to Mr. Arnab Goswami of Times Now, who very effectively and efficiently covers the issue on his show. I am prepared to write to him myself, but 1,2, 10 or 20 people writing to him might not make a difference, and might easily be overturned and ignored. We need atleast 50+ cpl holders writing to him on the exact same issue, only then will it be given important notice. He very tactfully and cleverly handled the news about spice a few months ago on the "Garima Passi - fake pilot case" by even calling spice's CEO Mr. Neil Mills on the show and firing questions at him, which is why this is my best bet.

I know some of you might be skeptical of my idea for various reasons, but if WE can successfully pull this off, there's a good chance that spice might not only cancel their 25k fee for all their future exams, but also start calling more candidates for each attempt, hence being fair to all of us. Like I said earlier, the nonsense has to stop, and now is the time. There has to be a start to our protest and it's always better late than never. I personally don't think that standing outside their head office in gurgaon and staging is protest is going to do any good, they're probably going to shoo us all away, and it would be a total waste going all the way there, but that's just my opinion.

To all the guys on the forum reading this, please come forward and respond to this post of mine. If you want to accept my suggestion and go ahead with it, then that's great, otherwise we'll have to think of something else. But please respond, even if you have to turn down my suggestions then feel free to, but lack of responses would truly disappoint me. I know some of you might say "You haven't written the exam yourself so it's easy for you to comment", but like I said earlier, I am not doing this for "me", I am doing this for "us".

Looking forward to your responses, and people reading this can spread the word to other friend cpl holders of theirs (who are not on the forum), then that would be even better.