PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2012, 12:26
Esprit6969

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Numbnutz,

Is it possible that things have changed since you were there? Pilots leave all contracts...20 at ANA, 20 at Sky in the past year. All that proves is that for some people its not their cup of tea. AJX isn't mine. Am I not allowed to have an opinion? Who cares what seat you fly from! Hell, put me in the FA jumpseat, as long as I'm getting Captain pay. We do the same thing at AJX. Your point is moot. You are sadly mistaken, a Sky Captain can make more than a AJX Captain. It is virtually impossible to make any overtime at AJX. I don't know of ANY AJX Captain making 20 grand a month AFTER taxes. If one posts here I will suck your manhood. But I will need to see a paystub first.

I know how the 2nd contract works, I have a friend who works for WASINC. You are offered 2 extra days off, but you take a $1000 hit. However, your enticed to re-sign by making you an instructor( Not everyone accepts or is even offered, but if you have half a brain, it happens). $2000 extra, $3000 if you actually instruct. For a net gain of $1000-2000. If your selling your days back...then chances are you are going to fly 80 hours a month and get biz class positioning.

AJX is a great contract if your coming as a Captain and don't mind flying fatigued all the time and working for a bunch of hypocrites. Skymark is also a great contract if you don't mind working hard and making alot more money. That is my point.