PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iran Threatens to Close Strait of Hormuz
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2012, 09:26
glojo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CM
That's how we won the Cold War, Glojo, so there's probably something in that.
Good morning Courtney,
Totally agree and that was what was behind my witterings of last night. We are looking on this forum at huge amounts of money being spent on new fifth generation F-35 aircraft but are we aware of all the other eye watering military expenditures that are ongoing including the Zumwalt class destroyers that are unlike any other current warship I have seen.

Yet another project is the LHA-6 Amphibious assault Ships which will be the largest of that type ever built.. There are a number of projects all at the construction stage and all costing billions of dollars. Sadly a few of them are plagued with development costs which are going to have huge impacts on costings That one might have problems that show the aircraft industry are not alone when it comes to expensive setbacks.

This link highlights a number of new projects that look amazing but are also not going to be purchased on a Platinum American Express Card.

Is all this off topic? I don't think so as it is possibly an explanation to a much bigger picture than just threatening to close the strait.

Why fight a war with blood and guts when you can bring a country to its knees in a much more clinical and maybe even more ruthless manner?