PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nats atcos to spain?
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2012, 09:17
Daermon ATC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ Pamplinas
Ok, you got me there... I'd believe moving from a small tower with only visual traffic to the main ACC in Spain (while being able to stay in the same residence) would be a blessing. I forgott that the situation at LECM is not precisely one of a constructive, healthy work environment so correction accepted

@ Out of the Gap
Not quite, but the confusion is understandable. I'm not working on one of the towers currently under the chopper but I believe that if the privatisation goes on, mine would be one of the next. In any case I do have friends on those towers so the situation is basically the same for me.

As for the laws I linked, they apply to all air traffic controllers in Spain, not only Aena's. I would make the guess that if you'd fail somebody at the instruction you would not be faced with these punishments since they were created aimed at Aena's staff... but my point is, you could.

Ah, by the way, I agree 100% that if I go looking for a job I am accepting the terms and conditions offered by my new employer... but how about my current job being sold out? If we were to apply directly your suggestion then any management who thought their salaries too high could just create a "new" company, sell the old one to the new one and then offer their workers a 90% cut on their salaries as it is a "new" company... (by the way, this is just happening at Iberia with the creation of Iberia Express).

In any case I believe that any job should be paid its value... and I believe that 30k euros (before taxes) is not an appropriate salary for an air traffic controller, even one with not much traffic. In my book, if you want control, then put an atco and pay his/her wages accordingly. If you want information only, get a fiso and pay a lower salary. But what is not acceptable in my book is wanting to provide control while paying as for a fiso.

@ Radarman
I expected as much, it wouldn't make any sense for any Nats staff to move here if not being kingly rewarded for it... I'm just surprised that FerroNats had that kind of money available... I think everybody has his price and even I could be persuaded to work in Irak or Afghanistan... but the salary increase I would demand would make that a non-starter from a business perspective