PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBE Pilot Exodus!
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2002, 16:31
Raw Data

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
keepitlit

Simply that some people long for that story to come true, because they think it would result in a salary hike.

crowndove

Having read that letter, I see no conflict with what I said- remember that I was talking about the situation when resignations with reduced notice were first publicised. We have now had as many resignations as we required, so we now want to retain any on the CRJ fleet who want to stay. In fact, I think that letter states the situation well, and is a welcome piece of encouragement from management.

Sensible Garage

Obviously, as soon as it was clear that we would not have to make redundancies, the "early departure" scheme stopped. What did you expect to happen? The bond is a completely seperate issue, it is there to cover training costs- the company is quite within its rights to enforce the bond, the conditions of which you agreed with when you signed it. Allowing people to leave early was a concession to permit folk to take up other employment if they so desired. Prefer forced redundancies, would you?

AMEX

There are no current plans to recruit, apart from the Cabair cadets we have committed to.

puddle-jumper

The reason people are leaving now, is because 1) this is the usual time for the charter operators to hire for the summer; and 2) there is an ongoing opportunity with the low-cost carriers.

People will always move through an airline like flybe. There hasn't yet been a "flood", and I will bet money there won't be.

Training costs, well, sure there will be training costs when we hire again- but the cost of keeping crews sitting on their tods doing nothing for six months is fairly expensive too.

oic

There is CRJ course provisionally pencilled in for early in the new year. It is the course that was deferred in September. It is unlikely to proceed as we are unlikely to be flying the aircraft in the new year.

You may be fed up, but I doubt you speak for the majority. You are wrong in any case, I got my increment last year so I have had a (very small) pay rise. Didn't you get yours?

There is no real career progression if you are the Jet Flight Manager, otherwise, there is. If you think it is slow in flybe, try Britannia or Monarch...

It's funny how you contradict yourself, you start out saying people are fed up and everybody wants to leave, then say that there is no career progression to the jet- because, presumably, nobody is leaving the jet fleet!

excrab

You are partly right- however, the real limit on flying for us is that a lot of the airports we fly to close early (like the Channel Islands or Belfast City for example). Very few people really want to travel on commuter routes late at night in any case.

I find it hard to pick faults with a management that has got us out of a serious hole since last year- and now has us back in the black, more than can be said for many airlines- and a marketing department that has spent a huge amount of money and has seen a corresponding rise in passenger figures- not to mention the huge success of our website. Perhaps you need to talk to somebody who was at Kickstart to see just how well we have done.