PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rotana Jet
Thread: Rotana Jet
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2012, 07:40
Gulfstreamaviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rotana

I live in the area and know the company, but not 100% the new operation.

The EMB is to operate the new contract, which also is a feeder for the Etihad operation out of Abu Dhabi.

So most operations will be GCC not UAE operations, this raises a question as to per diems. is GCC considered domestic. There is very little demand for internal UAE feeders.

Living in Dubai, would be possible, but as the operation is Abu Dhabi, then I would think, as I know the road well, be a dangerous option. (FOG and DRIVING STANDARDS).

I do not know the accomodation provided, so can not comment. Shared.? does this suggest 1 room per crew or viaal per crew.? make your own assesment.

Rotations on off duty are very good.

Training in OFF periods is also quite common, especially with the work load involved with a scheduled service, and low crew levels.

FTL, I have no idea as to the working day, but the GCAA should insist on a firm FLT, rest period OFF time, as this should be a scheduled service.

Salary, low but typical of current market.

Overnights out down the line, I would suspect very few, if any on this specific operation.

You will if not already holding a GCAA, Licence, Medical, UAE Visa, and UAE ID card. GCAA check ride. No sims in Dubai.
Then bank account, driving licence.
All this takes time, so perhaps 2 months should be allowed before on line.

Welcome to sandy bottom, great place to work, and the line management in Rotana are good guy(s).

glf