PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nats atcos to spain?
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2012, 23:11
Out The Gap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, Pamplinas & Daermon, am I right in assuming that you two are, among others, in the unfortunate position of being told by Aena that your salaries will be slashed by more than 50% if you decide to stay in your current towers and 'defect' to FerroNATS? And that maybe even worse, you are also unable to move at the drop of a hat to wherever Aena decides you are most needed, in order to keep your current conditions??

I've read some of the leyes quoted by you Daermon, and pardon my shallowness here, but can you please reiterate how they will affect an incoming FerroNATS ATCO/OJTI? Is this the 'legal framework' that you refer to in your last post? If so, I assume then that this infracción of delaying, inhibiting or refusing the training/endorsement of any of the 150 successful students (and possibly more to come), and the resultant severe penalties, apply to OJTIs across the board, be they Aena, ex-Aena, FerroNATS, Saerco?

Whatever salary you are facing, should you or others transfer from Aena to FerroNATS, I firmly believe that equality should apply across the board and that your pay and conditions should not be a cent or hour less than that of an incoming FerroNATS employee in the same increment of the same grade, wherever they come from. Inequality will only breed animosity. An idealistic/naive point of view you might think, but if the ship is going to sink (or hopefully float!) then everyone should go down with it.

Regarding Radarman's last comment, thats interesting food for thought, as I do not work for NATS and so would not be retaining my current salary and conditions if I made the move... which I think after reading this thread is looking highly unlikely.