PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Armed Forces pension
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2012, 19:18
High_Expect

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Voxpop. Whilst the legal route is not always the solution. I know I speak for more than just myself - I had a plan for the financial stability of both myself and my family. Admittedly this was not my plan when I signed up but it is now by far and away the most important factor. That plan has just been blown out of the water. I now may wish to look elsewhere to continue my life plan. The government have been kind enough to agree to preserving what I've earned up to 2015. But I do not wish to serve the remaining years under the new term they have offered. Leaving several years earlier, taking my considerable transferable skills elsewhere, will be considerably more financially lucrative than the scheme that is being forced upon me without my approval. What I'm saying is thank you very much I've enjoyed my time but you have now broken your end of the bargain so I wish to exercise my human right to bid you a good day. (this may or may not be my actual view) but I do not see why I have seemingly less rights than a prisoner.